Protect Your Tooth From Infection
Tooth decay can start out minor, but if left untreated, it can grow to infect deep parts of your tooth. The deepest layer of your tooth, called the pulp, can decay completely, unless root canal treatment is conducted. Root canal infection can be extremely painful, but treatment with Arizona Dental Heights is painless and will take your toothache away.
Signs and symptoms that you may have a root canal infection:
- Swelling and/or tenderness
- Severe toothache and pain
- Sensitivity to hot or cold
- An abscess or pimple on the gums
In some cases, you won’t experience symptoms — so visiting your dentist every six months is the best way to get a thorough checkup and make sure your root canal is not infected.
How Dr. Shaylar Hatch Treats A Root Canal
Root canal therapy will save your teeth and eliminate your pain. Essentially, Dr. Hatch will remove any decaying pulp caused by the infection using special tools. After cleaning and disinfecting the tooth, Dr. Hatch will place a dental crown to protect it and prevent future infection. Best of all, this all takes place in one appointment.
Root Canal FAQ’s
How long does root canal therapy take?
- On average, treatment takes 90 minutes. In some cases, it could take longer — if a tooth is cracked, it may require more care. Dr. Hatch will consult with you beforehand so you know exactly what to expect.
How long will my teeth hurt after the procedure?
- Pain from the procedure should naturally subside within a few days. If you’re still feeling discomfort a week or more after the procedure, contact Dr. Hatch right away.
What is a hot tooth?
- A hot tooth is a tooth that is suffering from decay and causes extreme pain. During root canal therapy, Dr. Hatch will take the necessary measures to ensure you feel no pain, even with a hot tooth.
Restore Your Dental Health with Dr. Shaylar Hatch
At Arizona Dental Heights, Dr. Hatch and his team are committed to the health of not just your teeth, but your overall well being. If you’re suffering from a toothache, don’t wait any longer for relief. Call us at 1-480-525-8000 to schedule your appointment.