Upgrade Your Dentures
Your teeth are responsible for a variety of functions, and if any are damaged or missing this can take a toll on your daily life. Obtaining secure tooth replacements is the best way to restore your smile, and All-On-4 dental implants are a high-quality option. They’re natural-looking restorations that are attached directly to your jawbone.
The Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
If you hide your smile or avoid social situations, then you know the negative effects an incomplete smile can have on your life. All-on-4 dental implants will boost your self-confidence, so you’ll want to smile around others more often and likely be a happier person overall.
These restorations will also improve your health. The implant fixtures are placed on your jawbone to stimulate growth and protect your gums from bacteria. Since bad oral health can lead to serious health conditions, All-On-4 dental implants will help prevent them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do All-on-4 dental implants last?
All-on-4 dental implants are a permanent tooth loss restoration that’s designed to last anywhere from 20 years or more with proper oral hygiene and care. This means brushing and flossing regularly, as well as scheduling bi-annual dental exams and teeth cleanings. Following good oral hygiene habits will ensure successful, long-lasting dental implants and a beautiful smile.
How do I clean All-on-4 dental implants?
When you receive your completely new smile, it doesn’t mean you can neglect your oral hygiene. You still need to care for them just like you do your natural teeth, with a few added techniques to keep your gums and new smile healthy. Following these guidelines will help ensure your dental implants are healthy and here to stay. We recommend:
- Using a Waterpik twice a day to get those hard-to-reach areas and dislodge leftover food. Use it on a low or medium setting because the high setting might be too aggressive.
- Floss under the dentures at least once a day.
- TePe has a superb line of cleaning products with various shapes and sizes of toothbrushes specifically for dental implants. They’re available through online retailers.
- Use a sulcus brush to clean between the denture and your gum line. It’s about one-third the width of a traditional toothbrush and many patients find it’s easier to clean the area thoroughly.
- Rinse with Peroxyl (Colgate) to help get rid of smaller particles under the dentures.
- If you experience swelling in your gums, rinse with Peroxyl and warm salt water for two days. If the swelling continues, contact our Mesa, AZ office by calling (480) 525-6000. Dr. Hatch will assess the situation and determine a proper course of action.
- See Dr. Hatch a minimum of twice per year, unless a more frequent visit is recommended.
Are All-on-4 implants removable?
All-on-4 dental implants are permanently and surgically placed into your jaw bone to restore the beauty, function, and health of your smile. Through a process called osseointegration, the titanium fixtures are integrated into your jaw, stimulating healthy bone growth and protecting your gums from bacteria or infection.
All-on-4 is meant to be a permanent solution for tooth loss, and should not be removed. If you’re experiencing pain or discomfort after the procedure, we recommend that you schedule an appointment so Dr. Hatch. He’ll assess the surgical area and get to the root of the problem.
Am I a candidate for All-on-4 dental implants?
Most people are candidates and will qualify for All-on-4 dental implants. Ideal candidates for All-on-4 are patients who are missing most or all of their teeth, or are currently wearing dentures and seeking a more natural-looking, permanent restoration. Dental implants are life-changing, as well as being beautiful and functional.
If you want implants and all of the benefits they provide, then you’re a good candidate. To learn more, contact our Mesa office at (480) 525-6000 and we’ll schedule your no-obligation consultation with Dr. Hatch. He’ll evaluate your oral health and determine whether All-on-4 is right for you.
How much do All-on-4 implants cost?
Generally, the cost of All-on-4 treatment can range anywhere from $15,000 and $24,000 to restore an upper or lower arch of teeth. This price can also vary depending on your personalized treatment plan, which accounts for your oral health and requirement of a supplemental procedure.
Most insurance companies will cover a portion of the cost, but some may not. It’s best to contact your provider prior to your consultation to get a better understanding of your coverage. If you’d like, a member of our dental team can contact them for you to ensure you get the maximum benefits possible.